It’s FALL Ya’ll!
I think it’s safe to say that fall is officially here in Colorado, USA! The leaves are turning, the weather is cooler in the morning/evening, the days are getting shorter, and football season is in full swing! What about by ya’ll? What does fall look like?
Did I also mention, we are gravitating towards more fall/colder weather based foods like chili, stew, and homemade muffins, breads, and cookies.
The crock-pot is one of our favorite go to appliances at this time of year. These are some of our staple fall meals.
Crock Pot Meals:
- Chili (Beef, Bison, Elk, Turkey)
- Stew (Beef, Elk)
- Soup (Chicken, Vegetable, Squash, Pumpkin)
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken or Pork
- Meatballs (Beef, Bison, Elk, Turkey)
And… it wouldn’t be fall without mentioning PUMPKIN! If you aren’t a pumpkin fan, you’ll wanna say good-bye for now. And if you also love the PUMPKIN, read on for more info! Pumpkins are full of nutrients like fiber, Vitamin A, C, and Magnesium. Just 1 cup of cooked pumpkin has only 12g Carbs + 3g Fiber! This is a great thing for blood sugar regulation + satiety.
My favorite ways to incorporate Pumpkin:
- Add to oatmeal
- Add to smoothies
- Add to yogurt/dairy free yogurt
- Add to soups
- Pumpkin seeds- add to salads, oatmeal, yogurt, snacking, baked goods, etc.
And… because All-Foods-Fit
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pudding
- Pumpkin cookies (see recipe below)
- Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins (see recipe below)
- Add to your fur-child’s food for digestive support/reduce constipation
*I often will add a scoop of pumpkin into Molly-dog’s dry food or will make dog cookies for her using Pumpkin + PB
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies:
Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins: